NOVEL FILMS BLOGFEST...last day.
LAST DAY...so here are a few mixed goodies. Tomorrow I will pass on Liebster award.
1. A Wrinkle in Time was my first taste of Fantasy. I loved it. The book was great. The movie could have moved a little faster but still great. Basically, there's a girl with three bothers, a boyfriend, and a mom. The girl loses her dad who gets sucked up into another realm. (I love realms!) With the help of some peculiar friends she saves her dad and...happily ever after.
2. What Dreams May Come is so rich it's just hard to explain. A man and his wife are happy. They have two wonderful kids. The kids die. The man dies. The woman dies because she commits suicide. The man crosses from Heaven to Hell to save his wife. The afterlife is presented as a state of being rather than a place. This is an awesome movie and book. I love Robin Williams.
3. Stephen King baby. I loved this movie because it's not really a horror and touches you in so many levels. The story about the lives of guards on Death Row leading up to the execution of a black man accused of child murder and rape, who has the power of faith-healing. I love Tom Hanks...great actor.
A young woman fakes her own death in an attempt to escape her nightmarish marriage, but discovers it is impossible to elude her controlling husband. Her husband is a real bastard, but the only reason he found her was because she flushed her wedding ring down the toilet...at least that's how it happened in the movie.
Stranded on an island, a group of schoolboys degenerate into savagery. The movie was just as good as the book. Rumor has it that if these had been girls, they would have acted more civilized. :)
6. I didn't mean the cartoon. There is seriously a movie out there of the Jungle Book. There's Mowgli and a cute girl, and all his animal friends. It was really a cute story.
7. Yes, they made a movie of this. The book was better. My husband reads James Patterson. I don't particulary follow thrillers, but this had a nice romance in it and a touch of fantasy. There's a girl with an imaginary friend. They grow up, fall in love. He becomes real. Happily ever after follows. :)
8. Another one of King's babies. This is every writer's nightmare. A fan who just doesn't want the story to end, so they're willing to mame or kill you. I loved them both.
9. Who doesn't love this book/movie? The kid gets to fly a spaceship with a cool alien/robot friend, and he collects a cute pet. I lost count of how many times I watched it.
10. This was a freakin awesome movie...and I do love my aliens. The guy alien is carrying a baby. The man winds up raising the baby as his own. They start off hating each other and then bonded. If you've never watched it/read it, it is really good.
Okay, that's enough for today. So glad I could share these with all of you.
Have a great day!